Graduate IT Support Technician
Asystec Limited is a fast-growing IT service provider where in it’s 6 years of existence has achieved many accolades as we strive to become market leaders in our respective business units. For example, Asystec has achieved Dell/EMC partner of the year 3 years running and VMware UK&Irl Partner of the year this year. We have also been in the Deloitte Fast 50 We are looking to do the same in the Security and Governance space and need to expand the team to achieve this.
The IT Support Technician team support our customer’s implementation of our user behavioural analytics, access control and auditing software. The role available will include assisting customers in the running of their software, making enhancements through configuration changes and resolution of identified technical. The position while initially office based will progress to a field technical role, once certain competencies have been attained by the successful candidate, i.e. proficiency in the software.
The following indicate some of the principal tasks and responsibilities:
Admin & Reporting
- Test and configure our software to our client’s specification
- Make software available to appropriate business users where requested
- Deliver reports generated by our governance software
- Provide software usage training to end users
- Provide troubleshooting resolution and updating/upgrading of software to customers
- Escalate issues to senior technicians when required
- Keep a log of all technical faults (Support log)
- Liaise with external suppliers and open support tickets where break/fix action required.
Full training will be provided. However, some or all of the following skills would be advantageous to the applicant.
- Microsoft Server 2008/2012/2016 administration
- A working knowledge or understanding of Active Directory
- A basic understanding of Microsoft SQL (no direct database queries required. All reports generated through our software’s UI)
- Be able to work on his/her own initiative
- Demonstrate practical knowledge and problem-solving capabilities
- High quality inter-personal skills are essential as the successful candidate will be liaising directly with our customers on a daily basis.
- Keep abreast of new developments in software and hardware
The successful candidate will gain significant insight into customer environments, assist them in answering many business queries, specifically in relation to their compliance needs/requirements and also have the ability to gain an understanding of other technologies that we sell to our customers.
Please send your CV with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Must be eligible to work in Ireland
Closing date for applicants is Friday 27th October 2017