IT Solutions Company, Asystec, are looking for an IT Systems Engineer. The successful candidate will work with the sales and technical teams to support an existing customer base. The successful candidate will avail of a thorough education process so that they are up to date with the technology.
Reporting To: Technical Manager
- Installation, Configuration and Maintenance of Data Centre infrastructure
- Installation of server infrastructure to support VMware environments
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements
- Installation and configuration of network switches
- Implementation of Backup Software – Commvault, NetBackup, Networker.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Assist the sales organisation and vendors in resolving pre sales technical issues.
- Achieve Vendor Certifications
- Formal Information Technology or equivalent qualification
- Minimum of 1+ years experience in a Technical role (Hardware, Software, Networking)
- A good working knowledge is required of Server Operating Systems, Storage, Networking
- Microsoft Certifications (MCSE etc)
- CCNA Certification
- DellEMC Storage knowledge is an advantage
- Active Directory configuration and maintenance
- A team player with strong technical and interpersonal skills.
- Exemplify a high degree of personal integrity and interpersonal skills and abilities.
- Willingness to work outside core business hours if required
- High self-motivation.
- Willingness to travel on company business
- Their own car plus full driving license