NSX embeds networking and security functionality that is typically handled in the hardware directly into the hypervisor. The NSX network virtualisation platform transforms the data centres network operational model like server virtulisation did years ago, and is helping thousands of customers realise the full potential of an SDDC.
With NSX you can reproduce in software your entire networking environment. NSX provides a complete set of logical networking elements and services including logical switching, routing, firewalling, load balancing, VPN, QoS and monitoring. Virtual networks are programatically provisioned and managed independent of the underlying hardware.
What NSX does…
- Moves networking to software. The NSX network virtualisation platform is helping hundreds of customers realise the full potential of a software defined data centre. NSX moves networking to software creating never before seen levels of flexibility. It fundamentally transforms the data centers network operational model like server virtualisation did 10 years ago.
- Cuts network provisioning time. NSX reduces the time to provision entire networks in software from weeks to seconds. It abstracts virtual networks from the underlying physical network, providing the flexibility to run on top of any network hardware. With improved operational efficiency through automation network operators can achieve faster deployment and greater agility.
- Lets you move workloads seamlessly. NSX moves virtual machines and all their associated networks security policies between data centers in minutes. It avoids any interruption to the running application, enabling active-active data centers and immediate distracted recovery options.
- Enables Network Micro-Segmentation. NSX brings security inside the data center with automated fine-grained policies tied to the virtual machines. It enables micro-segmentation operationally feasible, NSX brings an inherently better security model to the data center.
- Security and Micro-segmentation. NSX embeds security functions right into the hypervisor. It delivers micro-segmentation and granular security to the individual workload enabling a fundamentally more secure data center. Security policies travel with workloads, independent of where workloads are in the network topology.
- Application Continuity. NSX abstracts networking from the underlying hardware and attaches networking and security policies to their associated workloads. Applications and data can reside and be accessible anywhere. Move workloads from one data center to another, or deploy them into a hybrid cloud environment.
- Agility and streamlined operations. NSX lets you treat your physical network as a pool of transport capacity, with network and security services attached to workloads using a policy driven approach. This automates networking operations and eliminates bottlenecks associated with hardware-based networks.
Need more information? Please do not hesitate to contact us! firstname.lastname@example.org | 1800 844 321