Company Name: Confidential
Country: Multiple Locations Globally
Industry: Financial Services
Number of Employees: 71,000 employees
Optimise the Datacentre footprint for a Global Financial Services organisation in their co-location service provider to ensure optimum cost model. Limited visibility on layout of infrastructure to enable future consolidation or migration strategies.
Asystec Services provided a multi-phased solution to address this customer challenge:
- Phase 1: Full audit by system, serial number including layout drawings of customer infrastructure within co-location provider to identify IT assets for decommission, removal and data destruction
- Phase 2: Completion of customer asset management procedure and tools to deliver on governance and to complement customer operations team
- Phase 3: Decommission, removal and IT Asset destruction including provision of Certificates of Destruction for audit trail and to deliver on customer governance requirements
What Did We Do?
- Project Management to manage multi-site engagement in European Datacentres
- Dedicated IT Asset Disposition service delivery team
- Management of 3rd party IT Asset Disposition providers delivering an end of end solution from audit through to IT Asset destruction and Data Destruction and certification
- Offered a standard process to streamline scope of work, service delivery and reporting process to customer senior management to decrease time to delivery of objectives and cost management
- Simplified project management as one partner for complete new technology provision and asset/data management – Asystec provided the new technology platforms, installation, migration and removal of the decommissioned kit and data destruction.
- Reduced cost/risk from multiple service provider management, use of internal resources and service delivery teams.
- Reduced cost of using internal IT skilled resources for tactical low skilled service.
- Consolidated reporting and consolidated pricing models as a result of a standard ITAD service available for global deployment.
- Time savings due to reduced ‘time to delivery’ as a result of the streamlined Asystec service delivery combining the new technology roll-out and ITAD.
If you would like to know more about the above project or any other Asystec projects please feel free to reach out to our team on [email protected].