Company Name: Confidential
Industry: Financial Sector – Bank
Key Vendor(s): Dell Technology & VMware
Significant challenges with quality and consistency of infrastructure and application builds. This resulted in business disruption and risk. There was a large overhead in people and process leading to high OPEX. There was no clear visibility on IT costs with deployment times taking circa 200 days from ideation to GA. The deployments were inconsistent and considered “snowflake” infrastructure. Security was at the end of the process and manual. Larger strategy to include public cloud as a choice of destination.
- Value stream mapping, understanding each step and process to provide infrastructure. This Includes people and process steps.
- Mapped manual steps to technical process and tools.
- Created Custom IaaS services and integration into 3rd party systems (CMDB,Logging, Management)
- End to End configuration of the platform leveraging some existing segments of automation.
- TAM and BAU ongoing services engagement and handover.
- Created IT as a service for consumption by users, fully enabled private cloud. Standardised governance and blueprints that can be applied to on premise or public cloud endpoints based on policy.
DellEMC VxRail HCI, Cloud Foundation, NSX, VMware Automation & Management
- Time to Provision has gone from – 200 days to 15 minutes on average.
- Automated governance and workload placement/removal
- Deliver services faster and more securely.
- Automated software defined networking removing manual 3rd party wait times.
- All environments are identical and consistent
If you would like to know more about the above project or any other Asystec projects please feel free to reach out to our team on [email protected].