Company Name: Confidential
Country: Costa Rica
Industry: Medical Devices
Number of Employees: 32,000 globally
Key Vendor(s): Dell Technology
The Scope of this Project was to Install and initialise Unity XT 380F and management IPs provided by the Customer.
- Rack, stack and cabling of the Unity systems at the Customers site in Costa Rica.
- Provide a Unity Configuration worksheet
What Did We Do?
Asystec personnel worked closely with Customer’s staff to perform the services specified below:
- Gathering Customer environment information to complete the Configuration Worksheet with details required for planning Dell EMC Unity system installation.
- Performed pre-installation validation comparing the equipment against Configuration Worksheet including licenses, software on a service laptop or management station, and tools required for installation.
- Unpacked and installed DPE, DAEs and dense DAEs into a single Dell EMC Unity system as applicable.
- Installed the Dell EMC Unity system including racking, cabling the components, attaching to the Customer’s rack power and IP network, and powering up and validating that the system is online.
- Configured Storage Processor management interface, registered the system, installed licenses, upgraded software as required, added DNS and NTP information, added support credentials, and configured ESRS.
- Connected Newly installed Storage to customer network for handover.
- Set up Dell EMC Unity storage array connectivity to CloudIQ.
- Moved used packaging materials to trash and recycling facility or other designated area within the immediate installation location.
- Verified the installation and configuration results by running a system health report.
- Provided the Customer with Configuration Worksheet and Configuration Report from the Dell EMC Unity system.
- DellEMC Unity – next generation midrange unified storage array.
- Simplified project management as one partner for complete new technology provision and asset/data management – Asystec provided the new technology platforms, installation, migration and removal of the decommissioned kit and data destruction.
- Reduced cost of using internal IT skilled resources for tactical low skilled service.
- Cost savings by acquiring highly skilled resources for a particular project without the long term cost commitment of employment.
- Consolidated reporting and consolidated pricing models as a result of a standard ITAD service available for global deployment.
- Time savings due to reduced ‘time to delivery’ as a result of the streamlined Asystec service delivery.
- Improved user experience for employees – increased speed and agility
If you would like to know more about the above project or any other Asystec projects please feel free to reach out to our team on [email protected].