WHAT IS HYPER CONVERGED INFRASTRUCTURE (HCI)?
Hyper-converged infrastructure (HCI) streamlines the deployment, management and scaling of Datacentre resources by combining x86-based server and storage resources with intelligent software in a turnkey software-defined solution. Separate servers, storage networks and storage arrays can be replaced with a single hyperconverged infrastructure solution to create an agile Datacentre that easily scales with your business. For IT leaders who are embarking on Datacentre modernisation projects, Hyperconvergence means more than merging storage and compute into a single solution. Multiple infrastructure components are integrated into a compact, efficient platform that is simple enough to be managed without specialised training. The more components in a hyper-converged node, the less you have to manage. When the entire IT stack is combined into a software-defined platform, you can accomplish complex tasks in minutes instead of hours. Hyperconvergence gives you the agility and economics of cloud with the enterprise capabilities of on-premises infrastructure. The chief difference between converged and hyper-converged infrastructure is that the former relies on hardware whereas the latter is software-defined, more flexible, manoeuvrable and scalable.
DO YOU NEED HCI?
- Does your Datacentre infrastructure have limited scalability?
- Is your Infrastructure complex and difficult to manage?
- Is it difficult to upgrade and maintain Compute, Storage and Networking?
- Is there a constant focus on driving down operational cost?
- Are you experiencing performance issues on legacy hardware?
- Are you looking to modernise your Datacentre and offer a more modular and scalable infrastructure?
If you answered yes to any of these 6 questions, then introducing Hyper Converged Infrastructure can help your organisation.
WHY HYPER CONVERGED INFRASTRUCTURE?
Hyper-converged infrastructure promises to deliver:
- Simplicity and flexibility when compared with legacy solutions.
- Integrated storage systems, servers and networking switches are designed to be managed as a single system, reducing operational overhead.
- Software-defined storage is expected to yield greater scalability and resource efficiency. Starting small and paying as you grow is a key benefit.
- Cost savings in areas including Datacentre power and space; IT labour; and avoidance of licensed software such as backup or disaster recovery tools.
- Services including Professional Services, Managed Services and Assessments.
HOW ASYSTEC CAN HELP
Asystec have the capability to deliver flexible and agile hyper-converged infrastructure solutions to custom-make a solution that delivers the right workload, from the right place, at the right time, for your business. We currently hold Dell EMC VxRail certifications for design and implementation of all VxRail solutions and also VMware HCI (vSAN) certified to be able to design and deploy VSAN Ready based architectures. We can design, implement, and operate these solutions, utilising our highly certified Professional Services engineering team who have experience in deploying small VSAN ROBO solutions, as well as large scale 50 Node + stretched-clustered in mission critical environments. Not sure if your organisation is suitable for hyper-converged infrastructure? Contact our Cloud Infrastructure Solutions team to arrange your free HCI Readiness Assessment.
DELL EMC VXRAIL
VMWARE VSAN READY NODES
Reduce project risk and improve storage efficiency with VMware vSAN software defined storage for hyper-converged infrastructure. vSAN delivers high-performance, flash-optimised hyper-converged storage for any application – at a fraction of the cost of traditional, purpose-built storage and other less efficient HCI solutions.
WANT TO LEARN MORE?
Read our blogs, case studies and whitepapers to learn more about Asystec’s Hyper-Converged Infrastructure experience and expertise. You can also read more about the product offering on our partners web pages:
Contact the Asystec Cloud & Infrastructure Solutions team today and see how Hyper-Converged infrastructure can transform your organisation.